Sant Singh Sukha Singh College of Commerce for Women, Amritsar
Sant Singh Sukh Singh School- the sapling was sown by S. Sant Singh an enlightened soul who gave away all his riches to start the school in the memory of his deceased son S. Sukha Singh. Moved by the turbulent times – dominance of British rules and their forced impact on our language and culture he envisioned a temple spreading light of knowledge to one and all irrespective of caste, creed and religion.
Established on May 13, 1893 the school, which started in the form of a primary school, completed its 100 years in 1993. Sant Singh Sukha Singh College of Commerce for Women was established in this year as a part of Centenary Celebrations of this school. The college is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
The first batch began with 21 students at the Main Campus, Mall Road, Amritsar. Years later other courses viz. B.Com (Professional), BCA and B.CAM were started. Later on B.Sc. (Economics) and BBA were also taken up. The College introduced M.Com. in 2015 and B.Com (Honours) in 2017. Since its inception the college has tried to build a culture of excellence in teaching and learning. Over a span of 27 years the college has produced a large number of professionals, teachers, researchers and homemakers with qualities of head and heart.
Link of the University: http://online.gndu.ac.in/
SSSS College of Commerce for Women offers education in commerce and allied subjects to more than 900 students. At SSSS, our students develop a sense of social, moral and intellectual responsibility, and practical knowledge. They learn communication, critical thinking and quick decision making skills; sharing and expressing their views and finding solutions to the problems.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) (Pass Course & Honours)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- B.Sc. (Economics)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- M.Com. (Masters in Commerce)
Skill Development Courses
- English Language Proficiency Course: This 30 days course is designed for providing students practice in using English in their studies and other activities. The course is held during the month of April-May. The course focuses on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills. One of the objectives of introducing the course is to help students become more confident and perform better. Through various activities and task-based methodologies faculty members and guest teachers help students to understand and develop the language.
- Comprehensive Competitive Skills Course: This course has been designed to prepare the students for various competitive exams. It covers General Awareness, English Language, Computer Proficiency, Quantitative Aptitude and Mental Ability. The course starts in the month of January and is being conducted by the faculty members.
- A 30-days course to train the students in the accounts software TALLY ERP-9 and GST is being carried out with the experienced Chartered Accountant as a resource person.
- The students with aptitude and talent for creative pursuit like singing, dance, theatre, literature are provided ample opportunities to learn and perform under the guidance of competent members of the faculty.
- Computer laboratories
- Lafani (Seminar Hall)
- Rose villa
- Facilities for sports like badminton, table tennis, and volley ball cater to fitness and sports’ enthusiasts.
- Wintry (Cafeteria)
Morning Assembly / Orientation Programme
On the very first day of the academic session the College holds its Morning Assembly where the staff and students recite Bannis viz. Japji Sahib, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib for the blessings of Almighty.
The College organizes Orientation Programme for the fresh batch of students on the first day of the academic session.
Keeping in the tradition of SSSS, the College has Gurmat Bhawan. Sehaj Path recitation by the staff and the students goes on regularly throughout the year to seek the blessings of Waheguru. Ardas Divas is observed twice a year, i.e. on September 1 and March 1. Special classes are conducted for those who yearn to learn Prakash, Sukhasan Seva and recitations of path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
- Sifti, the college magazine is a platform for the students to share their ideas in the form of articles.
- News letter describes the life at SSSS
Saanjh: An Alumni fest
Alumni registration link : https://alumni.ssssccw.edu.in/register_alumni.php
For more details visit https://ssssccw.edu.in/